Students in English I explore the ways that audience, purpose, and context shape oral communication, written communication, and media and technology. While emphasis is placed on communicating for purposes of personal expression, students also engage in meaningful communication for expressive, expository, argumentative, and literary purposes. In English I, students will:
- Express reflections and reactions to literature and to personal experience.
- Explain meaning, describe processes, and answer research questions.
- Evaluate communication and critique texts.
- Make and support an informed opinion.
- Participate in conversations about and written analysis of literary genres, elements, and traditions.
- Use knowledge of language and standard grammatical conventions
Check your Google Calendar in order to view our class calendar! Know important due dates, test dates and what our unit plans are. Please note: the calendar is tentative and things are subject to change, but you will know in advance!
Be awesome! Be helpful! Be creative! Do great work!
You just might get a shout out!
Click to set custom HTML